Saturday 5 September 2009

Procrastination

The bathrooms are sparkling, the carpet is dust free and the clothes are circling the washing machine. I have run out of housework. I know that sounds strange but when I am supposed to be studying I tend to do more cleaning than I ever usually would. So, as I imagine many have done before me, I have turned to the Internet to fill my time, seeking distraction from the lesser appeal of homework assignments. Fellow procrastinators - welcome!

I have been toying with the idea of a blog for sometime. It's not that I feel that I have many worthy thoughts to share with the blogosphere, but more the keeping of a modern journal, a therapeutic recording of daily life or notable events. I imagine it may evolve into a distinct style of blog but I am not yet sure what that will be. I don't know if I even need anyone to be reading but if you have stumbled upon me, feel free to read my thoughts and maybe share you own....

My partner, 'P', is a pilot and currently is cruising at several thousand feet above the sea. Before I met him, I knew little about the world of aviation aside from what I learnt on those long flights in the back of a jet in economy, useful airport info like where to sleep at Stansted or how to charm your excess baggage onto the flight after 7 months of backpacking (and a little bit of shopping!). Similarly, he knows little about my world of nursing, aside from the usual stereotypes of sexy uniforms (huh?!), constant drama (thanks ER), and wiping bottoms (..welll.....). Perhaps, here, I can document the coming together of our two worlds or at least their parallel existence!

It's quite liberating really, to enter the blogosphere. No-one has preconceived ideas about who I am and what I think. You can be anyone really, but I think I will just be me. I made a blog once before, about four years ago during my backpacking 'coming of age' trip when I was living, studying and travelling around Europe. My last blog was more a photo album. I would like this one to be an album of thoughts, to allow me to flick through my thoughts and reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment